Healthier green vegetable recipes
Green vegetables are a great source of B vitamin and folate. They are packed with vitamin A, iron, calcium plus antioxidants to help boost your health. Make the most of seasonal greens by adding them to your weekly meals with these healthy ideas.
3 reasons to love green veggies
1. Asparagus contains B & C group vitamins, plus potassium for healthy blood pressure. Check out our tips for buy, storing and cooking with asparagus>
2. Peas are packed with dietary fibre and vitamin K to for your blood and bone health.
3. Baby spinach is filled with folate for heart health and can assist infant development during pregnancy.
Tasty ways to add more peas to your life
- Sprinkle peas over an omelette with crumbled low-fat ricotta.
- Make a cauliflower and pea soup by simmering until tender with stock. Process until smooth.
- Add a handful of peas to savoury muffins – team with chopped ham, shallots and reduced-fat cheddar.
- Make fritters using grated carrot, peas and crumbled low-fat feta. Use just enough egg and flour to bind the mix.
- Make a quick, tasty dip by combining pureed frozen peas with some low-fat ricotta and a little finely grated parmesan.
Find out more on the benefits of green vegetables>