Green vegie rolls
8 cup(s), (1 bunch)
3 individual, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
Reduced fat feta cheese
150 g, crumbled
1 tbs, coarsely chopped
Green olives, drained
12 individual, coarsely chopped
Uncooked filo pastry
1 tbs, (pepitas)
250 g, halved
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Tear and discard stems from kale. Wash and dry kale thoroughly. Finely chop broccoli head and thinly slice the stem.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook half the kale, tossing, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and remaining kale. Cool, then coarsely chop.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook broccoli, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add kale, feta, dill and olives. Cool completely.
- Lay 1 filo sheet lengthways and lightly spray with oil. Top with another sheet and lightly spray with oil. Top stack with a third filo sheet. Place one-quarter of the kale mixture across bottom of pastry stack, leaving a 6cm border along the bottom edge and sides. Fold over bottom edge of filo, then sides. Roll up to enclose filling. Place onto prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Repeat with remaining filo and kale mixture to make 3 more rolls. Sprinkle rolls with pepitas.
- Place tomatoes on another tray. Bake rolls and tomatoes for 20 minutes or until rolls are golden and crisp and tomatoes are soft. Serve.