Green vegetable filo tart
1 bunch(es), cut into 6cm lengths
6 individual, thinly sliced
frozen green peas
½ cup(s), (60g)
uncooked filo pastry
½ cup(s), (125ml)
grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
fresh red chilli
1 whole, seeded, finely chopped
400 g, mixed variety, halved
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) round springform tin with oil.
- Blanch the broccolini in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and just tender crisp. Stir in the sprouts and peas. Drain and refresh in a large bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray 1 sheet of filo with oil. Fold in half crossways. Place over base and sides of prepared pan. Spray with oil. Repeat with the remaining filo, overlapping each sheet slightly, to completely line the pan.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in the filo-lined tin. Pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the parmesan and chilli. Fold any excess filo over filling to cover edges slightly. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set and golden.
- Combine tomato, basil, mint and juice in a bowl. Season. Serve the tart with the tomato salad.