Vegan stuffed potatoes
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 10 min
880 g, (4 x 220g jacket potatoes)
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into thin wedges
2 tsp, leaves
2 clove(s), sliced
1 cup(s), (140g), curly variety, shredded
Canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
Vegetable stock cube
½ individual, gluten free variety, to make ⅓ cup (80ml) of vegetable stock
Nuttelex Spread, Original, Dairy-Free, Pulse Buttery
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook capsicum, onion, thyme and garlic, stirring, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add kale and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted, adding a splash of water if mixture starts to dry out. Keep warm.
- Reserve 90g of the beans. Process remaining beans in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half, lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh, leaving a 1cm thick shell. Place potato flesh in a bowl with the pureed beans and mash with a fork until well combined. Stir in stock and spread and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture back into potato shells and return to baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir reserved beans through vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve potatoes topped with vegetable mixture.