Summer mixed vegetable salad with orange, caper and roasted garlic dressing
500 g, thickly sliced
200 g, trimmed
2 bunch(es), trimmed
2 clove(s), unpeeled
2 tbs, extra virgin
White wine vinegar
Capers, rinsed, drained
Mixed salad leaves
3 individual, thinly sliced
1 medium, grated
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat the oven grill. Line an oven tray with foil. Place the capsicum on the tray and cook under grill for 12-15 minutes, turning capsicum, until skin is scorched all over. Enclose capsicum in a plastic bag and stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Place zucchini in a medium bowl. Lightly spray with oil and season. Toss to coat. Arrange on the prepared tray in a single layer. Wrap the garlic in foil and place on the tray. Bake zucchini and garlic for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, discard capsicum skin, seeds and membranes. Cut into strips.
- Cook beans in large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and boil for another 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh in iced water. Drain.
- Squeeze garlic flesh from the clove and combine in a small bowl with the oil, vinegar and capers. Season.
- Arrange mixed leaves on a serving plate. Top with zucchini, capsicum, beans, asparagus, onion, orange rind and mint. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.