Swap your traditional burger bun for pita bread! You won’t miss it in this tasty steak and kale slaw burger with buttermilk and Dijon mustard dressing.
- 125 g kale, raw, stems removed, finely shredded
- 1 medium Carrot, raw, shredded
- 125 g Cabbage, red, raw, chopped
- 1 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk, (60ml)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, white
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 400 g trimmed beef sirloin steak, (Buy 500g) fat trimmed
- 2 medium brown onion, sliced into rings
- 4 serve(s) Vitastic Pocket Pita, Lite, Wholemeal
- 2 medium fresh tomato, sliced
- 2 individual pickled gherkin, drained, sliced lengthways
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Combine kale, carrot, cabbage and parsley in a medium bowl. Whisk buttermilk, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper and pour over vegetables. Toss to combine.
Use a meat mallet to pound steaks until 1cm thick. Lightly spray a chargrill with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook onion and steak for 2-3 minutes each side or until onion has browned and steak is cooked to your liking.
Carefully split pita pockets in half. Sandwich pita with slaw, steak, onion, tomato and pickle. Serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: 1/3 cup (110g) tomato chutney. TIP: You can cook onions in a large saucepan over medium heat before cooking the steak. You can replace red cabbage with grated beetroot.