Beef and broccoli stir-fry
Lean beef sirloin steak
400 g, (Buy 500g) fat trimmed, thinly sliced
Chicken stock cube
½ individual, add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
400 g, cut into florets
3 tsp, finely grated
Dried chilli flakes
Reduced salt soy sauce
- On a plate, combine 1½ tablespoons cornflour and season with salt. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon
- Add ½ cup stock to same pan. Stir to loosen any bits of food on base of pan. Add broccoli. Cover and stir-fry for 3 minutes, sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until broccoli is almost tender crisp. Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- In a cup, stir together ¼ cup (60ml) water, soy sauce, remaining stock and remaining cornflour until blended. Stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to pan and toss to coat. Serve.