Spicy chicken tenderloins with pomegranate
¼ cup(s), pomegranate
2 tsp, finely grated
10 individual, (2 bunches), peeled
125 g, (1/2 cup seeds)
½ tsp, white
No added sugar orange juice
⅓ cup(s), freshly squeezed
Skinless chicken breast
630 g, (buy 700g tenderloins) fat trimmed
¾ cup(s), (140g)
Reduced fat feta cheese
40 g, crumbled
- Combine molasses, rind, oil, seasoning, celery salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons juice in a large bowl. Add tenderloins and toss to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add ¾ cup (180ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Roughly chop half the coriander. Add remaining juice, two-thirds of the pomegranate and chopped coriander to couscous and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil, steam or microwave carrots until just tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add marinade to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Top couscous with chicken and spoon over sauce. Sprinkle with feta and remaining pomegranate and coriander. Serve with carrots.