Slow-roasted American pork ribs
- Total Time
It’s all about the sauce with these sweet and sticky ribs that are as American as apple pie.
tomato sauce2 tbs
barbecue sauce2 tbs
worcestershire sauce1 tbs
Vinegar, apple cider2 tbs
wholegrain mustard1 tbs
Paprika, smoked1 tsp
garlic2 clove(s), crushed
lean pork fillet400 g, (Buy 500g), American-style spareribs, fat trimmed
chicken stock1 ½ cup(s), (375ml)
- Combine tomato, barbecue and worcestershire sauces, vinegar, mustard, honey, paprika and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place ribs in a large deep ovenproof dish. Brush paprika mixture over ribs. Pour over any remaining mixture. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Drain ribs, reserving marinade. Place ribs on a wire rack set over same ovenproof dish. Pour stock over base of dish. Cover with foil and bake, turning halfway through, for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Increase oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Uncover ribs and brush with some of the reserved marinade. Bake for 20 minutes or until ribs are browned. Transfer ribs to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place remaining marinade and ¼ cup (60ml) pan juices in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Serve ribs drizzled with sauce.