Roast tomato, chicken and pesto pasta
1 tbs, lightly toasted
500 g, truss variety
Skinless chicken tenderloin
280 g, Orechiette variety
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 clove(s), crushed
Grated parmesan cheese
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Mixed salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Spread pine nuts on a baking tray and bake for 4–5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Place chicken on a separate baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake tomatoes and chicken, turning chicken once, for 12–15 minutes or until tomatoes have softened and chicken is cooked through. Thickly slice chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Add asparagus for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and return to pan.
- Place basil, parsley, garlic, parmesan, pine nuts and juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady stream. Season pesto with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add pesto and chicken to pasta mixture and toss gently to combine. Serve topped with roasted tomatoes.