Roast lamb with redcurrant sauce
Red skin potato
600 g, (pontiac), cut into thick wedges
6 medium, (roma), halved lengthways
3 medium, cut into 4cm pieces
Lean lamb leg roast
560 g, (600g fat trimmed), or mini roast
1 cup(s), (250ml)
200 g, trimmed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until almost tender. Drain. Place potatoes, oil and paprika in medium bowl and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to prepared tray with tomatoes and zucchini. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and crisp and tomatoes and zucchini are tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 1–2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a flameproof, ovenproof baking dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake with vegetables for 20–25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Allow lamb to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thickly.
- Heat flameproof baking dish from lamb over medium-high heat. Combine stock and cornflour in a small bowl. Add stock mixture to baking dish and bring to the boil. Cook, scraping bottom of pan, for 1–2 minutes or until thickened. Add redcurrant jelly and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave beans until tender. Drain. Serve lamb with roasted vegetables, beans and red currant sauce.