- 300 g Pumpkin, raw, coarsely grated
- 2 1/2 cup(s) skim milk, (625ml)
- 3 medium Pear, beurre bosc variety, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup(s) Syrup, maple flavoured, sugar-free, (60ml)
- 1/4 tsp Mixed spice, pinch, plus ½ tsp extra for porridge
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dry rolled oats, (135g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds, pepitas, toasted
Place pumpkin, milk and 1 cup (250ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5–7 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
Meanwhile, coarsely grate 1 pear and set aside. Cut each remaining pear into 8 wedges.
Place pear wedges, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pinch mixed spice and ⅓ cup (80ml) water in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, turning pears occasionally, for 5 minutes or until water has evaporated and pears are tender.
Stir oats, vanilla, extra mixed spice and remaining maple syrup into pumpkin mixture. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until oats have softened and thickened. Stir in grated pear. Serve topped with pear wedges and pepitas.
- To toast pepitas, toss them in a small, dry, non-stick frying pan over medium heat until golden.