Pork, veal and ricotta meatballs with cavolo nero
Dry rolled oats
¼ cup(s), (20g)
Lean pork mince
4 individual, thinly sliced
1 small, finely grated
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
⅓ cup(s), crumbled
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
2 cup(s), (500mL)
Capers, rinsed, drained
1 tbs, finely chopped
100 g, (tuscan cabbage), coarsely chopped
Dry spelt pasta
- Using a food processor, process oats until finely chopped. Combine oats, mince, shallot, zucchini and ricotta in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls to make 24 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion to same pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the capers. Add the pasta sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes. Return the meatballs to pan and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Add the cavolo nero and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just wilted.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain.
- Serve the meatballs with the pasta.