- 200 g corn tortilla, (5 tortillas)
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 200 g whole tomato canned in tomato juice, or fresh
- 2 cup(s) canned refried beans
- 30 g reduced-salt taco seasoning mix, (1 packet)
- 75 g Bega Country Light Cheese, 50% Less Fat, Tasty Cheddar, Grated
- 2 individual green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra light sour cream
Preheat oven to 220°. Spray tortillas with oil and set aside. Cut tortillas into bite size triangular pieces and place on a baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Take care not to burn, and set a timer.
While tortillas are cooking, combine tomato, beans and taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, then divide amongst 4 shallow bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Place bowls under a preheated hot grill and cook until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with shallots, then serve surrounded with tortillas and a dollop of sour cream.
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Try it as a filling in a toasted sandwich for an easy lunch.