Kylie's zucchini, feta and lemon waffles
1 cup(s), grated (120g), plus extra peeled into ribbons to garnish
Fresh lemon rind
1 tsp, finely grated, plus extra for garnish
2 medium, lightly beaten
White self-raising flour
¼ cup(s), (35g)
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
2 individual, chopped
Reduced fat feta cheese
30 g, crumbled
1½ tbs, beetroot flavoured
1½ cup(s), (15g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat the WW Mini Waffle Maker or a 10cm diameter waffle maker. Lightly spray cooking surfaces with oil.
- Place zucchini on a clean tea towel and wrap to enclose. Squeeze over the sink to release any excess moisture. Add drained zucchini and lemon rind to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, flour and milk in a separate medium bowl or measuring jug until combined. Stir in shallots and feta. Pour egg mixture into bowl with zucchini and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour ¼ cup of batter onto the bottom cooking surface of waffle maker. Pull cover down to enclose waffle. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer waffle to a plate using a rubber spatula and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 6 waffles in total.
- Serve 3 waffles per person, dolloped evenly with hummus and a side of watercress, extra zucchini ribbons and lemon rind.