Harissa steaks with coriander carrots
¼ cup(s), (35g)
Beef fillet (tenderloin), raw
400 g, (buy 4 x 125g each), fat trimmed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
360 g, (baby), trimmed, scrubbed
1 medium, peeled, segmented
½ cup(s), coarsely chopped
1 cup(s), (185g)
Green string beans
200 g, steamed, to serve
1 bunch(es), steamed, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Place pistachios on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until toasted. Coarsely chop.
- Combine the harissa and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a medium bowl. Add the steaks and toss to coat.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–7 minutes or until just tender. Add the orange and ¼ cup (60ml) water and cook, covered, for 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the toasted pistachios and coriander and toss to combine.
- Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Stir, cover, then stand for 3–5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Stir in the remaining oil.
- Serve steaks drizzled with pan juices, along with couscous, coriander carrots, steamed beans and asparagus.