- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 400 g lean lamb topside steak, fat trimmed (Buy 2x250g steaks)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Capsicum, yellow, raw, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 slice(s) sourdough bread, (2x40g)
- 1 clove(s) garlic, halved
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Combine lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil and half the crushed garlic in a shallow dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum and remaining crushed garlic and cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes or until garlic is caramelised. Add vinegar, sugar, capers and parsley and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
Meanwhile, lightly spray bread with oil. Cook on chargrill for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Rub bread with cut side of halved garlic clove. Serve lamb with pepperonata and garlic toasts.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby rocket leaves. TIP: Pepperonata is also delicious served with grilled chicken, fish, pork or a frittata. It will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.