Mixing through fresh lemon zest to this leek and pea combo adds just the right amount of zing and freshness.
- 600 g skinless chicken breast
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 whole Leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) Frozen green peas, (240g)
- 1/4 cup(s) salt reduced chicken stock, (60ml)
- 400 g baby potato, red skin, quartered
- 1 medium lemon(s)
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken in a bowl with garlic and half the oil. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place chicken on prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add peas and stock. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until peas are warmed through.
Meanwhile, place potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Add ½ cup (125ml) water. Cover and cook on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes or until potato is just tender. Drain.
Remove peas from heat. Grate lemon rind over peas and season with salt and pepper. Crush peas with a potato masher until lightly crushed. Add lemon juice to taste. Slice chicken and serve with crushed peas and potato.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccolini. TIP: If you like, you can swap the potatoes for 1 cup tri-coloured quinoa.