Garlic prawn risotto
Salt reduced chicken stock
1000 ml, (4 cups)
1 large, finely chopped
4 clove(s), crushed
1⅓ cup(s), (265g)
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g)
1 large, coarsely grated
Grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
¼ cup(s), or parsley, plus extra leaves to serve
Raw peeled prawns
24 small, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- Place the stock and ½ cup (125ml) water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and half the garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute or until well coated. Add a ladleful (about ½ cup) of hot stock and cook, stirring constantly, until the stock is absorbed. Add the peas to the stock. Continue adding stock, 1 ladleful at a time (leaving the peas until last), stirring constantly, for 18 minutes or until the rice is tender and stock is absorbed. Add the peas.
- Remove risotto from heat. Stir in the zucchini, parmesan and basil and season.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the prawns, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant and prawns are cooked through. Season.
- Top risotto with the prawns and extra basil.