Creamy tarragon chicken with mixed mushrooms
Raw skinless chicken breast
450 g, fat trimmed, (buy 4x125g)
Reduced fat oil spread
150 g, (oyster)
200 g, (button)
Light thickened cream
¾ cup(s), (185ml)
2 tbs, finely chopped
200 g, steamed, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared tray and bake for 6–8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil with half the spread in same uncleaned pan over medium-high heat. Add oyster mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining oil and spread in pan. Add button mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add enoki mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with oyster mushrooms and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Cover to keep warm.
- Add cream, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add chopped tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Thickly slice chicken. Divide mushrooms among serving plates and top with chicken. Serve drizzled with sauce and sprinkled with extra tarragon.