- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 564 g skinless chicken drumstick, (Buy 8x88g)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano, ground
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock, (375ml)
- 8 individual Carrot, baby, raw, , 4 purple
- 4 whole eschalot
- 2 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 3/4 cup(s) freshly squeezed orange juice, (250ml)
- 3/4 cup(s) dry wholemeal couscous, (200g)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup(s) 99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt, (240g)
Place flour in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
Cook cumin, paprika, oregano and cinnamon in same pan, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock and half the rind and bring to the boil. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Add carrots and eschalots. Cook, covered, on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
Towards end of cooking time, combine juice and remaining stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Finely chop half the coriander. Add chopped coriander to couscous with remaining rind and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Top couscous with chicken and drizzle with cooking juices. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with remaining coriander. Serve with carrots and eschalots.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauliflower florets. ON THE STOVETOP: If you don’t have a slow cooker, cook chicken mixture in a large covered saucepan over low heat for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender.