Tender poached chicken goes fantastic in any salad. This recipe for chicken and black bean salad has amazing fresh flavours from tomato, capsicum and coriander.
- 500 g skinless chicken breast
- 400 g Corn, raw, (2 x 200g) sweetcorn cobs, husks intact
- 400 g canned black beans, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 2 medium tomato(es), chopped
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 individual green shallot(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 large avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to very low. Add chicken. Poach for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Coarsely shred.
Meanwhile, rinse sweetcorn, with husks intact, under cold running water. Place wet cobs on a plate. Cook in microwave on High (100%) for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool before removing husk and silks. Cut off kernels.
Place chicken, corn, beans, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, shallots, avocado, coriander and lime juice in a large bowl. Season. Toss gently to combine.