Chicken and black bean salad
- 500 g Chicken, lean breast, skinless, raw, lean fillets
- 400 g Corn, raw, (2 x 200g) sweetcorn cobs, husks intact
- 400 g Black beans, no added salt, canned, drained, (1x400g can)
- 2 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 medium Cucumber, lebanese, raw, chopped
- 1 large Capsicum, red, raw, finely chopped
- 2 individual green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large avocado, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to very low. Add chicken. Poach for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Coarsely shred.
Meanwhile, rinse sweetcorn, with husks intact, under cold running water. Place wet cobs on a plate. Cook in microwave on High (100%) for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool before removing husk and silks. Cut off kernels.
Place chicken, corn, beans, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, shallots, avocado, coriander and lime juice in a large bowl. Season. Toss gently to combine.