Cheese-dusted air fryer potato chips
2 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 20 min
Floury potatoes, such as sebago or golden delight are the best choice for air-fryer chips because waxy varieties won’t get as crispy. Cut them into 5mm-thick sticks to make sure they turn out crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, just the way we like them.
600 g, (2 x 300g potatoes), peeled
Grated parmesan cheese
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cut potatoes lengthways into 1cm-thick slices, then cut each slice into 5mm-thick sticks. Soak in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain in colander. Line a large tray with a double layer of paper towel. Spread potato sticks over tray and pat with extra paper towel until thoroughly dry. Wipe out bowl and set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 170°C. Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil. Meanwhile, return potato sticks to the large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to lightly coat.
- Place potato sticks in air fryer basket. Air-fry for 13-15 minutes until partially cooked, shaking basket a few times during cooking time. Meanwhile, wipe bowl clean again.
- Increase air fryer temperature to 200°C. Air-fry for a further 11-13 minutes or until chips are lightly golden, shaking basket a few times during cooking time. Transfer chips to the cleaned large bowl, sprinkle with parmesan, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Return chips to basket. Air-fry for a final 3-5minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Transfer chips to a serving bowl and season with a little extra salt and pepper.