Butter bean fish cakes
400 g, peeled, cut into chunks
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp, (3 sprigs), plus 1 tbs finely chopped
Skinless white fish
800 g, skinless, firm variety, cut into 5cm pieces
¼ cup(s), finely chopped, chopped
Canned butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
1 cup(s), (60g)
2 cup(s), (60g) or baby rocket leaves
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, transfer to a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely grate rind from lemon, reserve and set aside. Slice lemon and place in a large saucepan with parsley sprigs, 1L (4 cups) water and ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper and bring to a simmer. Add half the fish and and gently simmer for 5 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove fish from water with a slotted spoon, flake into large chunks, cover and set aside. Discard the poaching water.
- Process remaining fish, chives, mustard and butter beans in a food processor until well combined. Transfer mixture to bowl with mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and gently fold in flaked fish. Shape into 18 patties.
- Combine breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and reserved lemon rind on a large plate. Lightly coat both sides of patties in crumb mixture. Transfer patties to a baking paper-lined tray, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 150°C.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer cooked patties to prepared tray and place in oven to keep warm. Continue to cook remaining patties, lightly spraying pan with oil between each batch. Serve with watercress and lemon wedges.