Breakfast hash with poached eggs
250 g, halved
135 g, (buy 150g), fat-trimmed, coarsely chopped
1 small, sliced
200 g, sliced
200 g, halved
fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Cook bacon for 5 minutes, stirring, until light golden. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Lightly spray pan again, add onion and potatoes, and cook , stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Season and stir in mustard, then stir in cooked bacon and half the parsley.
- Meanwhile, bring a large deep frying pan of water to the boil then reduce heat to low. Carefully break 1 egg into a cup, then slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer eggs gently for 1-2 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft or cooked to your liking.
- Divide hash among 4 plates and top with a poached egg, then season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with remaining parsley.