Make the much loved tortillas a little differently tonight by layering the components in a pie dish. Topped with sour cream and salsa it looks great and tastes even better!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 medium carrot(s), coarsely grated
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 30 g reduced-salt taco seasoning mix, (1x30g packet)
- 500 g Beef, mince, extra lean, raw
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, (1x 400gcan)
- 125 g extra light tortilla, (5 x 25g)
- 100 g extra light cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) extra light sour cream, (60ml)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander, sprigs
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm round springform cake tin with oil.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, seasoning and mince. Cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add paste and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
Place 1 tortilla over base of prepared pan. Top with 1 cup of beef mixture. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas and beef mixture, finishing with a tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted. Serve with sour cream and coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Spinach leaves, plus salsa made with ½ avocado (chopped), 125g grape tomatoes (halved), ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, drizzled with 2 tablespoons of lime juice. TIP: Mince mixture suitable to freeze for up to 3 months.