Beef rissoles with chutney
500 g, desiree, cut into 7mm thick slices
1 small, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
lean beef mince
dry rolled oats
30 g, (1/3 cup)
2 medium, thinly sliced
110 g, (1/3 cup)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook potato, turning, for 15 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add mince, oats, Worcestershire and oregano to onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into eight 7cm patties, flattening slightly.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over medium heat. Add rissoles and cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave beans and carrots until tender. Drain. Serve rissoles with potatoes, beans, carrots and chutney.
- TIP: An all-round potato, such as desiree, is best for this recipe as it holds its shape well.