lean beef mince
7 g, (instant yeast)
1 medium, finely chopped
1 small, finely chopped
1 individual, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
canned diced tomatoes
400 g, (crushed)
2 cup(s), (300g)
- Combine yeast, salt, sugar and ¾ cup (185ml) lukewarm water in a jug. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add mince and cook, breaking up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- Lightly spray a baking tray with oil. Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Place on prepared tray. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Roll each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface into a 30cm square. Spread one-quarter of mince mixture over half of each square. Fold to enclose filling. Press edges to seal.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook gozleme for 2 minutes each side or until browned and heated through. Cut into thirds to serve.