Asian mushroom ramen
200 g, Swiss brown, sliced
100 g, sliced
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
2 clove(s), (large), crushed
1 tbs, finely grated
Vegetable stock cube
2 individual, to make 1.5L (6 cups) stock
Dry soba noodles (100% buckwheat)
3 cup(s), leaves, chopped (90g)
6 individual, thinly sliced diagonally
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Stir sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until light golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook all mushrooms, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Add chilli, garlic and ginger, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer while you cook the eggs.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and gently boil for 5 minutes. Drain, then rinse eggs under cold water to cool slightly. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add noodles to broth, simmer for 3 minutes, then add kale and half the shallots. Simmer a further 2 minutes or until kale is tender. Stir in soy sauce. Divide noodles and vegetables among 4 bowls and ladle over broth. Halve boiled eggs and add to bowls. Scatter over remaining shallots, toasted sesame seeds and extra chilli to serve.