Air fryer coconut prawns with mango sauce
The coconut-panko combo gives these tender prawns an impressively crunchy coating. Served with the minty, fresh mango sauce, they make a delicious appetiser that’s guaranteed to impress guests.
1 medium, peeled
1 tsp, finely grated
1 tbs, leaves, chopped
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
⅓ cup(s), (15g) unsweetened
Raw peeled prawns
250 g, (buy 18 large peeled prawns), deveined
1 medium, cheeks, to serve
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- To make dipping sauce, place half the mango, lime juice and ginger in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Finely dice the remaining mango, then add to mango puree with mint, chilli and a little water to give a dipping sauce consistency. Season with salt.
- Spread cornflour over a sheet of baking paper. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine coconut and breadcrumbs on another sheet of baking paper and season with salt.
- Toss prawns in cornflour to lightly coat. Dip 1 at a time in egg, allowing excess to drip off then coat with coconut breadcrumb mixture, pressing on lightly. Place on wire rack and spray with oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 200°C. Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil. Arrange 9 prawns in the basket in a single layer. Air-fry 5-6 minutes until prawns are golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to air-fry remaining prawns.
- Serve with mango sauce and lime cheeks.