All about myWW
What is new myWW?
When it comes to losing weight, everyone’s needs are different. What works well for your sister, mum, aunty, co-worker, or best friend may not work for you. While we've always offered a personalised SmartPoints® Budget based on age, weight, height, and biological sex, we'll also match you to a food plan based on your eating preferences and lifestyle.
All plans are equally flexible, easy to follow and effective when it comes to losing weight—they just help you get there in different ways depending on what you need.
What's different about myWW?
You'll start with a food and behaviour-based personal assessment that asks a range of questions about your unique eating habits and preferences, your current activity level and lifestyle. Based on your responses, we'll match you to a food plan that suits you best — Green, Blue, or Purple.
If you're a current member, you’ll have the opportunity to try a new plan - or stay on WW Freestyle which is now called Blue. If you want to switch plans, you can do so under settings. It's all about following what works best for you.
What are the different food plans?
Green has a sizeable SmartPoints Budget and 100+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits and non-starchy vegetables).
Blue has a moderate SmartPoints Budget and 200+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins). If this eating style looks familiar, that’s because it's the same as WW Freestyle®.
Purple has a modest SmartPoints Budget and 300+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains).
What is the science behind myWW?
The myWW program was nearly 2 years in the making. It's based on extensive research into what members want and need in order to be successful, along with insights and trends from around the globe. We then collaborated with our Global Science team to understand where those trends overlapped with science. All three plans were tried and tested with almost 20,000 members globally through interviews, concept testing, pilots, and clinical trials.
What will I eat on the new program?
Everything! Our program is all about learning a flexible approach to eating so you can lose weight and keep it off, without having to miss out. By combining your unique SmartPoints Budget with ZeroPoint foods, you'll always have plenty of options. Browse our recipe hub for ideas.
Which plan will help me lose the most weight?
After 2+ years of research and extensive testing with over 20,000 members around the globe, we learned that members on Green, Blue, and Purple achieved equal and consistent weight losses. No plan is better than another—they're just flexible in different ways. Some people find a longer list of ZeroPoint foods works best for them. Others would rather have more SmartPoints to spend. The one that’s best is the one that gives you the most flexibility, because that's the one that will be the most liveable for you.
Can I switch plans if I want to?
Absolutely! But we recommend giving it two weeks before you swap food plans. That’s how long it can take to get used to a new way of eating and understand whether your food plan fits your lifestyle and if it will help you meet your goals. If you decide that switching is what’s best for you, you can do it anytime under settings.
How do I get started on myWW?
Join now to take our personal assessment and we'll give you your unique daily SmartPoints Budget and match you to the best food plan for you! Our award winning app, team of expert Coaches and supportive community will keep you inspired all the way to your goals.
- The SmartPoints value is one simple number that represents the amount of kilojoules, protein, sugar, and saturated fat in a food.
- Sugar and saturated fat raise SmartPoints value.
- Protein lowers it. The higher the SmartPoints, the more attention you'll want to pay to portions. (Don't worry, we'll help you with that.)
- The foods on each ZeroPoint list (100+ for Green, 200+ for Blue, and 300+ for Purple) were specifically chosen by our nutrition team as "go-to" foods.
- These are the foods you can feel comfortable reaching for because they form the foundation for a healthy pattern of eating (which is good!) and they are much less likely to be overeaten than other foods (also good).
- You don't have to weigh, measure, or track ZeroPoint foods.
- You earn FitPoints for all physical activities—from running and resistance training to activity in disguise, like gardening or cleaning your house.
- You’ll receive a personalised weekly FitPoints goal based on your current activity level.
- You can use FitPoints as a way to see progress as you get more fit. Or you can swap them for SmartPoints.