Wild blueberry hand pies
Refrigerated pie crust, unprepared
7 oz, or homemade
Frozen wild blueberries
3 cup(s), fresh blueberries or defrosted, unsweetened
1 tsp(s), (plus extra for garnish)
Fresh lemon juice
Fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp(s), chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Coat a large-size muffin tin with cooking spray (diameter of each opening is 3 3/8-in at top; 3-inches on bottom)
- Use a 4-in diameter glass or circle cookie cutter to cut 8 circles out of piecrust (re-roll scraps with a rolling pin as needed to cut the last circle). Place crust circles in bottom of prepared muffin holes; press down on bottoms and slightly up sides.
- Toss together blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch in a bowl; spoon evenly into crusts.
- Bake until crusts are browned and top is bubbly, 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Store at room temperature until ready to serve. Serve garnished with lemon zest and fresh mint (optional).
- Serving size: 1 mini pie