Chocolate chip cookies
Light cream cheese
⅔ cup(s), at room temperature
Unpacked brown sugar
1 large egg(s)
½ cup(s), unbleached
Whole-grain wheat flour
Fat-free skim milk
Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and blend to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until well incorporated. Add the milk and the remaining flour mixture and beat until fully blended. Fold in the chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough 1 inch apart, and press the dough down with dampened fingers to form 1-inch cookies. Bake the cookies until slightly golden on top, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pans for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Yields 1 cookie per serving.