Chocolate Chip Cookies
Low fat cream cheese
⅔ cup(s), at room temperature
Unpacked brown sugar
Whole-grain wheat flour
½ cup(s), unbleached
Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking stray or cover with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until sugar is fully mixed (should not have granules); add egg and vanilla and blend again.
- Combine both flours, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture; beat until well incorporated. Add milk and remaining flour mixture; beat until fully blended and then fold in chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet and press dough down with dampened fingers to form about 1-inch raw cookies. Make sure to leave at least an inch between each cookie. Bake cookies until slightly golden on top, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.