Ruby Root Vegetable Soup
3 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This recipe performs the magic trick of turning your leftover sheet pan pork dinner into a delicious, filling soup with the addition of some chicken broth. The pieces of pork are separated from the hash, chopped, then seared separately in a hot skillet for a crispy topping to the silky, pureed soup.
Sheet-Pan Root Vegetable & Pork Hash
Store-bought chicken stock
3½ cup(s), unsalted
2 tbsp(s), chopped (or cilantro)
- Pick out meat pieces from hash and shred into bite-size pieces. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; sauté until well browned and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring remaining hash, stock, salt, and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until thoroughly heated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape; cover opening with a towel. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with crispy pork and parsley.
- Per serving (1 cup soup and about ¼ cup pork)