Rosemary-garlic Pork Roast
lean boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
¾ tsp, divided
¾ tsp, divided
uncooked baby potatoes
1½ pound(s), scrubbed and halved
fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1½ Tbsp, chopped
fresh garlic scapes
3 medium, minced
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned in spots (especially on cut side), about 7 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a cup, mix together rosemary and garlic. Sprinkle all over pork, gently pressing so it adheres. Place pork in a 5- or 6-qt slow cooker. Spoon potatoes around pork and drizzle with broth mixture. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145°F and potatoes are fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours on High.
- Transfer pork to cleaned cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 6 thick slices (or 12 thin slices if you prefer) and arrange on a platter. With a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to platter. Spoon pan juices over pork.
- Per serving: 1 thick slice pork with 3/4 cup potatoes and 1 1/2 tbsp juices