Roasted salmon with chickpeas, zucchini and red pepper
1½ tsp(s), smoked, sweet variety
Extra virgin olive oil
¾ tsp(s), freshly ground
2 medium, cut into 1-in chunks
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, chopped
15½ oz, rinsed, patted dry
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine paprika, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well to combine and set aside
- Combine zucchini, red pepper, onion and chickpeas on a large sheet pan (12- X 16-in); add 1 Tbsp oil and 4 tsp spice mixture. Toss well to coat evenly and then spread in a single layer; bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat salmon with remaining tsp oil and remaining spice mixture; set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from oven; toss vegetables with a spatula. Clear 4 spaces so the salmon can sit right on pan; nestle salmon in spaces. Return to oven; bake for another 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, dollop 1 Tbsp yogurt over each file; sprinkle with shredded mint. Garnish with additional mint springs, if desired; serve immediately with lemon wedges.