Pork and Pineapple Skewers
uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1⅓ pound(s), well trimmed, cut into 32 chunks
½ medium, peeled, cored and cut into 24 chunks
sweet red pepper(s)
1 large, seeded and cut into 24 pieces
fresh lime juice
3 Tbsp, chopped
2 clove(s), medium, minced
1 large, minced
10 oz, pineapple
cooked white rice
- Thread pork, pineapple and pepper pieces onto 8 x 10-inch wooden skewers, using 4 pieces of pork, 3 pieces of pineapple and 3 pieces of pepper per skewer, alternating ingredients as you go. Set skewers on a tray with sides or in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for marinade. Pour marinade over skewers and turn skewers to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, turning skewers occasionally.
- To make sauce, warm oil in a small, nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until very soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in pineapple preserves, remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare coals for grill.
- Lift skewers out of marinade, coat with cooking spray and set on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Pour remaining marinade into sauce; bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Grill skewers for about 16 minutes, turning often, until pork is cooked through. Serve skewers hot over rice and drizzled with sauce.