Pork & apricot burgers with sweet potato wedges
2 large, cut into wedges
Uncooked 96% lean ground pork
Dried apricot halves
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
Thin whole wheat sandwich bread (roll)
2 item(s), lightly toasted
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 large, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the sweet potato wedges on a large baking tray lined with non-stick parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt, and roast for 30 minutes, turning once, until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, place the ground pork in a large bowl and combine with the apricots, thyme, and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then shape into 2 patties.
- Coat a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat until hot. Cook the burgers for 8–10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and golden.
- Place a burger in each of the rolls and top with yogurt, salad leaves, and tomato slices. Serve with the sweet potato fries on the side.