Pizza dough mix
10 oz, or 1 prebaked thin pizza crust
6 medium, sliced
3 tbsp(s), red or dry white (or vegetable broth)
Red wine vinegar
1 tbsp(s), white-wine vinegar, or Cider vinegar
1 clove(s), medium, bruised
¼ tsp(s), marjoram, or basil
⅛ tsp(s), freshly ground, or to taste
1 bunch(es), trimmed
2 cup(s), shredded, trimmed and torn, or Bibb lettuce leaves
1 head(s), small, sliced
2 medium, peeled and shredded
1 cup(s), peeled, seeded, and chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp(s), freshly grated
- Preheat the oven according to the directions for the crust you are using.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the crust; spray with nonstick spray. Bake until the crust is golden and the tomatoes are cooked through, 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the wine or broth, oil, wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Whisk vigorously to blend; discard the garlic. Add the arugula, lettuce, endive, carrots, and cucumber to the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- When the pizza crust is done, remove it from the oven and top with the salad. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve at once.
- Yields 1/4 pizza per serving.