Old-fashioned slow cooker veal stew
Uncooked veal shoulder
1 pound(s), roast, cubed
Uncooked baby carrots
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), large, minced
⅛ tsp(s), or more to taste, or 1 tsp fresh chopped sage
¼ tsp(s), crushed
Canned beef broth
Canned diced tomatoes
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate; dust veal with flour mixture. Brown veal in skillet, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place carrots in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place veal over carrots.
- Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes; add to slow cooker. Add sage and oregano to slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth into skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add broth to slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.