Monte Cristo quesadilla
SmartPoints® value per serving
Ready in just 20 minutes, this easy one-serving lunch or dinner recipe puts a new twist on a classic sandwich. This traditional French toasted ham and cheese is typically dunked in an egg mixture, French-toast style, and cooked in a skillet until crisp. In this quesadilla version, the seasoned egg mixture is brushed on the quesadillas, and then browned on the stovetop. Asiago cheese adds an assertive nutty flavour, while the Ranch dressing adds creaminess. Swap in Swiss cheese for the Ranch and asiago cheese for a more traditional take if you like. You can serve this with some additional Ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
Creamy ranch salad dressing
Lean deli-sliced honey ham
Kosher dill pickle sandwich slice(s)
- In a shallow bowl (big enough to dip your flatbread) whisk together egg, milk, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Spray pan with non stick spray and heat over medium.
- Spread the ranch dressing over half of the flatbread
- Place ham, pickles, and cheese on top of dressing.
- Fold flatbread in half. Using a brush, spread egg mixture on one side of flatbread. Place that side on heated pan.
- Spread egg mixture on top side of flatbread, and cook in pan, flipping after 5 minutes. Transfer to plate, cut in half.