Mahi mahi soft tacos
½ tsp(s), or to taste
Uncooked Mahi mahi fillet(s)
1 pound(s), rinsed and patted dry
1½ tbsp(s), fresh, finely minced
Fresh lime juice
Dark brown sugar
½ tbsp(s), packed
¼ cup(s), finely minced
Olive oil cooking spray
2 cup(s), chopped, any type, shredded
1 medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Rub salt into fish; set aside.
- In a glass or ceramic baking dish, combine ginger, lime juice, sugar, scallions and cilantro; mix well. Add fish; turn to coat. Cover fish and marinate in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high. (If desired, line a broiler pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.)
- Remove fish from marinade and place on broiler pan; brush with marinade. Broil for 6 minutes; flip fish and brush with marinade again. Cook until fish is no longer translucent in middle, about 5 to 7 minutes more depending on thickness of fish. Remove fish immediately; cut into 8 large pieces.
- Divide fish, lettuce and salsa among tortillas; fold in half and serve with lime. Yields 2 tacos per serving.