Oven-Fried Crispy Fish Sticks with Mango-Lime Salsa
Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
2 large egg(s)
Uncooked tilapia fillet(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 24 sticks (2 inches long and 3⁄4 inch wide)
1 tsp(s), divided
⅛ tsp(s), freshly ground
1 large, ripe, peeled, pitted and finely diced (about 1 ½ cups)
1 medium, finely diced (about 1 cup)
¼ tbsp(s), chopped
Fresh lime juice
8 cup(s), baby
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a large plate, combine breadcrumbs and onion powder. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk eggs. Season fish with ½ tsp of salt and pepper. One at a time, dip fish sticks into beaten egg, letting excess drip off, then in crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place on prepared pan and coat well with cooking spray.
- Bake until bottoms are light golden, about 7 minutes; turn and cook until light golden on bottom and fish is cooked through, about 7 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine mango, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining ½ tsp salt and toss to mix.
- Divide baby kale among 4 serving plates, top each with 6 fish sticks and about ⅔ cup salsa.
- Per serving: 2 cups salad greens, 6 fish sticks, ⅔ cup salsa.