Grilled Mushroom and Pepper Cheese Pizzas
Frozen pizza crust dough
Store-bought pizza sauce
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
12 medium, thinly sliced
Sweet mini baby bell pepper(s)
8 pepper(s), cored, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), roughly torn
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 pinch, or to taste
- Prepare your charcoal or gas grill with 2/3 of the area at high heat, 1/3 cool. While grill heats, prepare and assemble your toppings.
- After heating, clean grates well to prevent sticking.
- Working with 2 crusts at a time, brush 1 side of each lightly with ¼ tsp oil; place on hot side of grill. Cover grill; cook 2-3 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure bottom isn’t burning—when grill marks appear, pop any large bubbles, flip dough and move to cool side of grill.
- Quickly spread each crust with 3 Tbsp sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 c cheese; top each with a few mushroom slices and few pepper slices. Slide pizzas back to hot side of grill; cover. Cook 2-3 minutes more, until grill marks appear on bottom of dough. (If bottoms start to burn before cheese melts, move back to cool side of grill.)
- Repeat with remaining crusts. Sprinkle with basil and red pepper flakes (if using) just before serving.
- Serving size: 1 pizza