Grilled chicken sausage sandwiches with Spanish chickpea salsa
3 oz, chopped, drained
⅓ cup(s), rinsed, drained, chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 tbsp(s), chopped, minced
½ tsp(s), mild smoked variety
Cooked chicken sausage(s)
12 oz, four 3 oz sausages, chorizo or spicy chicken flavour
Reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
4 item(s), whole-grain variety
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine pimientos, chickpeas, onion, vinegar, paprika and oregano; chop slightly.
- Grill sausages directly over heat, turning as needed, until grill marks appear and heated through, about 5 minutes. Grill buns until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- To serve, place sausages in buns; top each with 2 1/2 Tbsp chickpea salsa.
- Serving size: 1 sausage sandwich