Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Nectarine Salsa
3 large, finely diced (1 1/2 lb)
½ cup(s), finely diced
2 tbsp(s), chopped fresh
Fresh lime juice
1 tbsp(s), minced
½ average, seeded, minced
1½ tsp(s), crushed
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
2 pound(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Combine nectarines through 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat; add cumin and toast, stirring, until fragrant, 3–4 minutes. Allow cumin to cool; transfer cumin to a small zip-close plastic bag. Pound cumin with bottom of a heavy saucepan or rolling pin until finely crushed. Combine cumin, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Divide chicken among 8 long metal skewers.
- Off heat, coat a grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6–7 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 kebab and 1/3 c salsa