Chicken cheeseburger cups
Our classic two-ingredient dough is bolstered with garlic powder and cayenne pepper for a savory kick, then pressed into muffin cups and filled with a mixture that captures the flavour of your favourite cheeseburger. We use ground chicken breast to keep things light, and flavour it with chopped onion and pickle, ketchup, mustard, and cheese. The finishing touch is a little more cheese that melts on top. Hearty, warming, and fun, they’re sure to become a family favourite.
98% fat free uncooked ground chicken breast
1½ cup(s), chopped
Canned tomato paste
Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese made with 2% milk
¾ cup(s), shredded, divided
Unsweetened dill pickle(s)
⅓ cup(s), chopped
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and water; cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 6 tbsp cheese, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir in yogurt with a wooden spoon until just combined. Knead dough in bowl with your hands until smooth, about 2 minutes. Place a large piece of parchment paper or wax paper on work surface. Place dough on parchment. Cut dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Roll each piece into a 4 ½- to 5-inch circle. Pat dough circles into each cup of the prepared muffin pan.
- Spoon about ¼ cup chicken mixture into each dough-lined muffin cup. Sprinkle remaining 6 tbsp cheese evenly over cups. Bake at 400°F until dough is golden brown and cheese is melted, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serving size: 2 cheeseburger cups