Cheeseburger stuffed shells
Uncooked jumbo shells
1 cup(s), chopped, chopped
Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
Canned tomato sauce
Unsweetened dill pickle(s)
½ cup(s), chopped, divided
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
¾ cup(s), shredded, divided
Chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup(s), or thinly sliced
1 cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is done, about 6 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat and stir in tomato sauce, ¼ cup pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Add ½ cup cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Lightly coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Stuff beef mixture evenly into pasta shells (about 2 rounded tablespoons per shell). Arrange stuffed shells into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake until cheese melts and filling is thoroughly heated, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, and remaining ¼ cup pickles. Top shells with lettuce mixture.
- Serving size: 3 stuffed shells and about ½ cup lettuce mixture