Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
1 cup(s), chopped
White self-rising flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup(s), shredded, shredded
Unsweetened dill pickle(s)
¼ cup(s), chopped
4 tsp(s), plus more for serving
1 large, lightly beaten
Dried sesame seed kernels
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray and add beef, onion, and salt. Cook, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is cooked through and onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place flour and yogurt in a medium bowl; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle with a little flour; place dough on paper. Use a knife to cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 5-inch circle. Arrange 1 Tbsp cheese in middle of each dough circle. Top with about 2 Tbsp beef mixture, ½ Tbsp pickle, and ½ tsp mustard. Pull edges of dough up and over filling and pinch edges to seal. (If dough tears, simply pinch it back together.)
- Arrange dough balls, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush dough balls with egg, and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Broil an additional minute for more browning, if desired. Serve with mustard for dipping, if desired.
- Serving size: 2 cheeseburger bombs