Chai Tea & Cider Poached Apples
4 item(s), chai variety
Apple cider vinegar
Golden delicious apple
2 medium, peeled, cored, and halved
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Shelled pistachio nuts
4 tbsp(s), chopped, toasted
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Let steep for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Squeeze and remove the teabags. In the pot with the steeped tea, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and honey. Add the cinnamon stick and the apples.
- Place the pot back on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Since the apples will float, turn them over a few times during cooking to let the liquid coat both sides. Let simmer 4-5 minutes, or until apples are fork-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove apples from the pot and set aside. Boil the remaining liquid by turning the heat up to high and allowing the liquid to reduce to a thick syrup until it coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Place each apple with the center facing up and add a tbsp of yogourt into the middle. Drizzle the syrup on and around each apple and garnish with chopped pistachios.